OFSTED PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID
(two-day course/12 Hours)
This first aid course is for Early Years workers/organisations such as nurseries,
primary/infant schools, after-school clubs, crèches, childminders etc. It is designed to meet the requirements of
OFSTED under the guidance issued by DfES.
Forthcoming open Paediatric First Aid course dates in Kent & Medway
Medi Aid (UK) Ltd meet the requirements as required by OFSTED and run open
courses in the following council areas, Kent County Council (KCC), Medway Council and the London Borough
Bromley & Croydon Council.
The pediatric first aid is also suitable/available for staff training on your own premises.
Courses are also held at our training centres.
A certificate, valid for three years is awarded to each candidate.
All teaching materials are provided by us and each candidate is given a book and course materials.
Please contact us to arrange times and dates.
1. Introduction to infant and child first aid for child carers
2. Care of the unconscious casualty
3. Dealing with an epileptic fit, shock and anaphylactic (allergic) emergencies
4. Resuscitation including infant and child CPR
5. What to do if a child or baby is choking
6. Control of bleeding including nosebleeds
7. Common childhood emergencies eg asthma and head injuries
8. Burns and scalds
10. Various illnesses and conditions
11. Contents of first aid boxes and their use
12. Reporting accidents and illnesses
13. Questions and answers
We would like to remind settings and schools
that it is a requirement that "At least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises
at all times when children are present.
There must be at least one person on outings who has a current paediatric first aid
certificate." EYFS Statutory
Through discussions with practitioners it has come
to our attention that the nominated first aider does not necessarily have the paediatric first aid certificate and we would therefore strongly advise that
settings and schools check that they meet this